Emma Johnson commits to Longwood University

Allen Khodab, Sports Editor

In late November, Emma Johnson (’17) made the decision to commit to Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia. The team’s lacrosse coach had expressed a growing interest in Emma after watching her play club lacrosse for Ravens 2017, and decided to offer her a spot on the team. After visiting the school and weighing her options, Emma decided to commit to Longwood University.

“I love the small town country feel of the college, and the campus is so cute and southern,” said Johnson.

Longwood is in the Big South Conference and is a Division One school. Committing to a Division One school means signing up for a 40 hour-a-week job. These committed athletes spend 40 hours a week working out and practicing their respective sports. Longwood plays teams such as Navy, Elon, Old Dominion, and High Point and holds a record of 0-3 thus far.

emma johnsonwww.ncsasports.org

As the season approaches, Johnson looks forward to being part of a team that works and trains together.

“It’s going to be a great experience. I really like playing for Pikesville because I love the people on the team and how good we are. My favorite teammate is Jordan Plotkin because I have a special chemistry with her that is just the best.”

When asked about what she plans to pursue after college with lacrosse, Johnson said, “I definitely see myself coaching lacrosse later in my life, probably for younger kids or even my kids.”  Maybe one day Emma will coach back home at Pikesville High School.