Emily Glossinger commits to Salisbury University

Allen Khodab, Sports Editor

Emily Glossinger is currently a junior at Pikesville High School and plays three varsity sports. In addition to working diligently as a student, Emily runs cross country and track to prepare for lacrosse, which she trains for year-round. She has been working hard to improve her skills. Her efforts paid off on Thanksgiving of 2015, when Emily informed the Salisbury lacrosse coach that she will be a Seagull.

“I liked Salisbury University because they win lacrosse championships very often and I love the campus,” said Glossinger.

Emily has been playing lacrosse for over 10 years. After she picked up a lacrosse stick for the first time in second grade, she fell in love with the sport and decided she wanted to play for a long time. This year, Emily wants to win a regional championship with her favorite team, Pikesville.

Salisbury_mascotlogowww.collegeflagsandbanners.com

“Playing lacrosse for Pikesville is a lot of fun and a great way to bond with my friends. I also like that we work very hard to get things done everyday at practice. We leave everything out on the field during games. My favorite teammate to play with is Aida because she’s a great player and helps out a lot on attack.”

Glossinger’s favorite team to play against is Franklin because they’re the team’s biggest rival.

“We are always very spirited for that game and we always play our hardest that game,” said Emily.

Although she loves playing for Pikesville High School, Glossinger looks forward to playing at Salisbury. She is eager to have close teammates, compete at a high level, and live in a convenient location. Salisbury University is located in Salisbury, Maryland which is about 30 minutes from Ocean City.

“It’ll be convenient to have Ocean City nearby because I can go to the beach with my friends whenever we want to.”

Emily will be helping the Pikesville lacrosse team try to win their first regional championship since 2007.